Skip to main content

Independent Thinking




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An eventful Independence Day!

First of all, I’d like to wish Happy Independence Day to all my readers. Today was a day of a national reconciliation for me (like many other of my compatriots). Yet, the national experience of today has been different than previous ones, towards the worse. Although I am more aware about my country today than I was yesterday, I feel no prouder of my country. The feeling I have today is of disappointment (and not disillusionment, mind you). I still believe in my country and its potential to be the world’s finest, but today, I must criticize it for the state of affairs that pervade it. Incidentally, I watched the movie Peepli Live today, and it left me disappointed and depressed. I already know the current state of India, how it is soiled in corruption, red tape and dirty politics – what I didn’t learn is how can I make a difference… what I, the Common Man of India can do today to ensure a more prosperous tomorrow. The movie had plenty of Masala , its fair share of Profanities (were th

Broken

Nobody knows whats going on inside Nobody must know whats goin on inside I can subject myself to all sorts of shit And I can swim in the seas of agony And I can kill myself for doing it I can taste sweet, sweet depression I can scale the orgasmic pinnacle of pain And I can swim through and out of my shit And feel good at the end of it And no one will ever know what made me And I will be made I might seem invincible, but i'm not I might seem vulnerable, but i'm not No one will know what can break me And I can be broken But nobody will know how to break me Cause there's only person that could break me And that... is me.

Symptoms Of Exam Stress

"Trust me, you will have atleast one ground-breaking world-changing revolutionary brainwave exactly coinciding with the start of your next test series. Aslo, be rest assured that the brainwave is going down the drain the moment your final paper is over." You know your exams are nearby when you experience one or more of these symptoms.... 1. Escapism: a. Sleep b. Gaming, movies, chatting c. Things that you’ve always wanted to do and had put off for later d. ideas, brainwaves (unrelated to subject of course), plans of sorcery(!) e. Sudden desire to do something irrelevant, eg. Install a new game or start a new TV Series f. Procrastination g. Future plans- after exam/long term 2. Headache, neck ache, fever, upset stomach 3. Over-eating: sugar, fat food excess 4. Loneliness 5. Depression, general low feeling, loss of confidence 6. Arguments with family and friends 7. Comparison with peers 8. Erratic timings, undersleep/oversleep 9. Illusions of love, increased dependence on close